If you liked these ‘amazing’ images I have lots more inspiration where that came from.
Inspired by Design Darling’s So Tell Me About Yourself post…
Next stamp in your passport:
I don’t have a passport (yet!) but I’d really love to go to England, France & Italy.
…is always in my fridge:
Purchase you’ll never regret:
Lasik eye surgery – best investment ever! Though I’ve outgrown the benefits, it’s been 15 years and my eyes are changing again.
If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would it be?
My 21 year old self, we have a lot to talk about.
I’ve all but given up on making dinners for my family. I’m always home, but they aren’t – their lives are full & busy and sitting down for dinner isn’t always practical or a priority. And I don’t like to make a full dinner only to stick in in Tupperware and hope that my leftover phobic family [me included!] will eat it later.
All of us didn’t even eat this dinner all together, but it was so good everyone did eventually eat and it was gone before midnight. I know this because the Tupperware was in the sink this morning, waiting to be cleaned. [sigh.]
I made quick honey ginger pineapple summer veggie chicken stir fry with caramelized cashews that I found on the Pinterest last night for dinner – and it was as good as it looks. Well, hold that thought, it was a little salty because I couldn’t find any raw cashews at the store, my choices were salted and lightly salted, and even though I went with the lightly salted, the nuts portion was too salty. Thinking back, I should have rinsed them off before I used them (next time!) But, luckily it was broken down in to parts – nuts, chicken, vegetables & rice, so you could control how much of each you got of each.
The prep time is not so quick, what with all of the chopping, mincing, dicing and shredding, but once you got to the cooking it all went pretty quickly after that. I think the fact that I used all fresh ingredients is what made it a hit with the family.
Image via Half Baked Harvest.
I grabbed these questions from Geek Girls Pen Pals in the over 30 group.
1. IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR REAL NAME WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I used to want to change it when I was younger, (don’t we all?) but I like it now.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Reading Carnage by Lesley Jones – the last chapter was killer.
3. YOU’RE GIVEN 1 MILLION DOLLARS, WHAT WOULD YOU SPEND IT ON?
Pay off the house, buy a new car or two, pay for the kids college, travel & invest with the rest.
4. NAME ONE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT BEING OVER 30?
Being able to do what I want to.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, I have a daughter & son.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR WISDOM TEETH?
No, funny thing is I only ever got two and had them both removed.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically, not so much. Mentally, absolutely!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Mocha Java Nut.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
A firm handshake & their voice.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My family on the west coast.
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIMAL?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Leftover spaghetti & lemonade.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Marry The Night – Lady Ga Ga.
22. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD TELEVISION PROGRAM?
I Love Lucy.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, reading glasses.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
31. FAVORITE MOVIE GENRE?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HAVE ANY BAD HABITS?
I roll my eyes. A LOT.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO TRAVEL?
38. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY THINK ABOUT RIGHT BEFORE FALLING ASLEEP?
Oh god I’m so tired.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Game of Thrones.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Nothing, it’s all black.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Summer breeze with birds chirping.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Does rolling your eyes count? Other than that I can spot a lie from a mile away.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Long Beach, California.
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Raleigh, North Carolina.
48. DO YOU BELIEVE IN EXTRATERRESTRIAL OR LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS?
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. ARE YOU MUSICALLY INCLINED?
I have rhythm but that’s where it ends.
51. JEDI or SITH?
Image via Unsplash.com.