My friend Kristi took me to my first thrift store a few years back. I was 40-something before I ever considered going in to one, but she always seemed to find all these great things, for next to nothing. But, here’s the thing about thrift shopping – you’re not always going to find something, you need to accept that; and you need to get over the musty smell that hovers in every store, it’s not going anywhere. Once you accept these two things, you’re bound to find a gem every now and then.
Here are some of the things I would like to find in a thrift store:
- Pieces of my wedding china
- Great pair of jeans
- Bar cart
- Paintings (larger the better)
- Mirrors (larger…)
- Nice coat
- Rubies… I would LOVE to find a nice piece of jewelry, but I think I would need a pawn shop for something like that
- Coffee table books (right?!)
- Dressers or chest of drawers – I love using these around the house for storage. And, if you can’t keep it, you can always slap a coat of paint on it and up-sell it on CraigsList.
Image via Open.
Don't want to miss any of my posts? Follow me on: