I don’t know if it’s sad fact or not, but in our house we refer to Ryan Gosling as ‘the “hey girl” guy.’ So, in case your sick of the “hey girl” quotes, because they seriously need some fresh material… here’s this special Valentine’s wish…
What a craptastic year this has been. Obviously it hasn’t all been terrible, but sometimes when it rains it pours so much it’s difficult to focus on the good. I try not to be a Debbie-downer on my blog, but sometimes it’s all you got, you know?
I’m sure I’m not alone in saying this economy sucks & we’re past due for a change!
We lost our biggest source of income, only to be able to replace it with a fraction of what it was, but fortunate enough to be able to find work & replace it all.
We’re set to lose another source of income this coming January and we’re scrambling to find a decent replacement for that, too.
Have you ever been late for a payment before? It’s like having pit bulls attack you… they never let up. We’d never been late before and I kid you not they utilize a 24/7 attack system designed to catch you or drive you insane… whichever comes first.
I am optimistic for 2012. I am hopeful that this year will grant us a turning point in our careers & subsequently our finances and general well-being.
So as not to be a complete negative nut I want to share some of the things that I’m thankful for:
- My family both near & far
- My dogs, because they truly are your best friends
- Blog friends – you know who you are!
- and, My IRL friends - without you I would be a that crazy dog lady who never changed out of pajamas, nor left her house
- Kindle ebooks (instant downloads = instant gratification)
- Coffee – made in my kitchen or in a coffee shop, both are equally wonderful and best shared with a friend
- The powerful mood changer that is Valspar paint – painting a room can change your entire outlook!
- Pinterest for all of it’s loveliness and inspiration
- My back being pretty darn agreeable these last few months
- Netflix via our Wii - #nintendoenthused
- My new love of ‘thrifting‘
My resolutions for 2012:
- To look forward
- Be kind to my body
- Refurbish & redesign my livelihood
- and, Be a better friend
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Happy Father’s Day to the biggest goober I know (besides me.)
1. The Go Plate. Because really, what else is there?
This picture matches my blog! How about that
We’re staying home – hopefully you are experiencing warm, bug-free & happy places.