What a craptastic year this has been. Obviously it hasn’t all been terrible, but sometimes when it rains it pours so much it’s difficult to focus on the good. I try not to be a Debbie-downer on my blog, but sometimes it’s all you got, you know?
I’m sure I’m not alone in saying this economy sucks & we’re past due for a change!
We lost our biggest source of income, only to be able to replace it with a fraction of what it was, but fortunate enough to be able to find work & replace it all.
We’re set to lose another source of income this coming January and we’re scrambling to find a decent replacement for that, too.
Have you ever been late for a payment before? It’s like having pit bulls attack you… they never let up. We’d never been late before and I kid you not they utilize a 24/7 attack system designed to catch you or drive you insane… whichever comes first.
I am optimistic for 2012. I am hopeful that this year will grant us a turning point in our careers & subsequently our finances and general well-being.
So as not to be a complete negative nut I want to share some of the things that I’m thankful for:
- My family both near & far
- My dogs, because they truly are your best friends
- Blog friends – you know who you are!
- and, My IRL friends – without you I would be a that crazy dog lady who never changed out of pajamas, nor left her house
- Kindle ebooks (instant downloads = instant gratification)
- Coffee – made in my kitchen or in a coffee shop, both are equally wonderful and best shared with a friend
- The powerful mood changer that is Valspar paint – painting a room can change your entire outlook!
- Pinterest for all of it’s loveliness and inspiration
- My back being pretty darn agreeable these last few months
- Netflix via our Wii #nintendoenthused
- My new love of ‘thrifting‘
My resolutions for 2012:
- To look forward
- Be kind to my body
- Refurbish & redesign my livelihood
- and, Be a better friend
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!