The end of spring & beginning of this summer were strangely quiet (business-wise) for me. There were some initial requests for pricing & availability, but nothing resulted from them, and even those requests were fewer and far between than this time last year. It was a little scary, but it was only a few months and I didn’t worry about it too much. Any longer and I would have started sweating.
Thankfully, last week changed that, I had an influx of design requests and even better new customers! Yay! I was so involved I didn’t have time for, or completely forgot about, blogging and checking social media and checking in on all my favorites in Bloglovin’. I’ll post some updates this week on my new client work. Yay, again!
Back to the “business is slow” issue… Here are some things to do to help you through that, while still remaining engaged and profitable.
- Revamp your website and/or blog.
- Redesign & get new business cards.
- Write blog posts.
- Take an online class, or a small business class in your community.
- Check in on past clients via email.
- Round up some testimonials or share testimonials from your favorite clients on Twitter and Facebook.
- Identify three areas of life/business where you can start saving money.
- Host a giveaway for your business and promote, promote, promote it!
- Create a free resource for your website visitors to download and love you for.
- Create an e-course or write an e-book. Nothing like a little passive income to cushion the blow of down time.
- Expand your product line, or improve on what you already have.
- Find someone to collaborate with.
- Check Google Analytics and see which posts and pages are your most popular.
- Then update and improve on those popular posts from your archive, especially any outdated content and the images & featured images.
- Find yourself a peer group. I joined a few Facebook groups recently for bloggers and designers.
- Start a new blog post series – search out & include guest posts from other people.
- Create a plan for the next month or year.
Are there any others that have worked for you?
image via haute chocolate.